Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I Cry For Those Who Seek Revenge.

I can't do it. I know he was a bad man and plotted to kill thousands of Americans, but I just can't do it. Bin Laden was a terrorist and a madman. He held the western world in contempt while training extreme Muslims to take innocent lives in the name of their belief system. He called himself a holy man while murdering those who opposed him. Still I will not celebrate his death, to me that just seems morbid. I would not celebrate the death of any man, woman, or child no matter their crime. I leave the final judgement up to my Lord and Savior, only He can judge the wicked. If I celebrate his death than I am no less evil then he and his kind are.

I will celebrate life. The lives of those who must live without loved ones killed in this war, I celebrate them. I pray for them. I am saddened that human kind has become so bent on revenge that we can no longer feel the sanctity of life. Life is what is important. We need to remember even our enemies are just people confused by what they don't know, or understand. Most violent people are just crying out in pain, or just plan scared. If we continue to think in cycles of revenge or vengeance what will happen to this world?
Will it come to a point where the last man on earth will pull the trigger on himself because he's avenging the death of the second to last man?

It's got to stop before it's too late. I know I will not teach my children to hate or hold grudges against other people. Sometimes the best thing to do is smile and walk away before things escalate to violence. Bloodletting is not a good way to settle disputes.

I just want to finish by saying I pray that there will come a day when everyone will live in peace and harmony. We all share this big beautiful marble we call Earth, and if we spent as much time taking care of her as we do fighting, this would be a great place to live. God Bless you all.

1 comment:

  1. Thoughtful and articulate writing. I agree in that I see the morbidity in celebrating death and also choose to celebrate life instead. Like any criminal, the man had to be brought to justice, preferably alive rather than dead, but brought to justice one way or the other. From what I read he was unarmed, so I'm not sure why he was allegedly shot. Then, I can't say I'm 100% convinced he's dead or that he didn't die years ago. I believe in what Paul says in Romans 13:4 "for it (the government or those in authority) is a minister of God, an avenger who brings wrath on the one who practices evil." Though I'm not a fan of capital punishment, I don't see it being the same as murder. That said, I cannot rejoice in someone's death or see how it brings closure to survivors. The fact is it seldom, if ever, does.
    Only Jesus can bring true healing.

    ReplyDelete