Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Give Peace A Chance?

We believed we could change the world. We were fool hearty. Our music was split between those who believed in fun, and us that believed in change. We weren't hippies, we really believed in change. Hippies used the cause to get laid, we used it to wake people up to the wrongs of world. It was the best of heavy metal. Bands like Megadeth, Exodus, Testament, Metal Church, and yes Metallica...we were the voice. We wanted the same thing the hippies wanted, world peace, a voice in American government, we wanted our voices to be heard. The soft sell never took in the 60's, so we turned it up all the way to 11. We were in your face, but we understood our limits. We weren't violent, but we were loud. You ignored us, dismissed us, called us troublemakers. We were just looking for a voice. We never gave up, and we never gave in, we pushed the system as far as we could. We were rebels, and some of us still are. I'm going to be 42 years old at the end of the month, a father to three(20,15, and 8) and I still cling to the beliefs of my teenage years. You can't force change, but change can come. I will never stop fighting, I believe in peace and love, I just now use God as my weapon!!!!

I dedicate this blog to the memory of Matt Hillenbrand and to those who knew him, God Bless you my friend, I just wish I knew you better. You were an institution, and a hero to many. You helped create a safe place for all us headbangers to gather, Thank You!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment