Sunday, April 17, 2011

Outside the Bun, I Must Run, Run, Run

It calls to me. I hear it many a day. It's like a Siren's song calling me to the rocks. I can not resist. It is my mistress, my addiction and it's name is... Taco Bell.
That's right I love Taco Bell. It's almost Tex-Mex styling and less than average cost has me going back more times than I care to recount. It has me hooked. I'm like a trout on a fly fisherman's bait. Snagged.
From the first time I stepped foot in one it's been an on going love affair. I can't put my finger on it but I do crave the off beat fast food chain's culinary treat. It's like a fast food paradise away from all the burgers and fries. It's tacos, nachos, and the burritos, oh, the burritos. A swell concoction of  beef, melted cheese stuff, and spices brought together by a dollop of sour cream and lettuce.  I can taste it's Tex-Mex goodness right now!!!
Every time I go in there the smell, the lighting and the menu make me feel at home. The brightly colored walls, the offset grey tile with red brick it all seems homey to me.
You step up to the fake green slate counter and give your order( for me it's always the same; a nacho supreme and two burrito supremes and a small soda.) You get rung up and they ask for your name. When the order is ready the person behind the counter bellows your name, announcing to those gathered inside, my Tex-Mex bliss is about to begin. I grab a black spork to get every last yummy morsel. Next it's a few napkins because good food is messy food. The drink station is where my small cup will be filled to full with Taco Bell's own flavor of Mountain Dew.
Time to find a seat. I rush to a window booth eager to unwrap my tasty treasure. I'm so happy!!!
With every bite my attitude becomes brighter and brighter as I know my hunger will be conquered by this Tex-Mex greatness. To me every day spent at Taco Bell is a great day.
It's not top quality, it's not real Tex-Mex, but like I said, I just can't get enough.
For some people it's the opera, for others it's fine dining, but for my money to escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life I seek out a "run for the boarder."  Lawsuits and controversy aside Taco Bell is my favorite place to go relax and enjoy a low priced almost Tex-Mex meal with friends and family. I maybe a good cook in my own right, I'm just not a snob. I don't need a fancy plating, or three stars to have a good meal. Just don't throw some forty minute old burger on my tray and call it fresh. I've done my home work and I can pronounce the stuff in a taco from Taco Bell, I can't say the same thing about Mickey D's and their offspring. Call me crazy, but I'm thinking "outside the bun" and enjoying every bite of it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment